Have you ever been so desperate for money that you’re scrounging for change in your junk drawers at home? What about in your couch cushions? Car seats? Your laundry? A lot of the time, you’re not going to find the amount that you’re looking for.
Many incredibly desperate people turn to what they consider to be their last option. When they have nowhere else to go, they look for loan sharks. Legally speaking, loan sharks are people who charge extremely high interest rates with too-good-to-be-true slogans and promises that are nine times out of ten never worth it.
Other examples of loan sharks could be entire countries that want to collect their debt. Normally, though, the small-time sharks will come repo your car or any property you own and call it a day. But for these notorious 17, either you pay them what they’re owed, or they’ll come and take it, either in cash, assets, or your life.
Here is a list of the 17 most infamous loan sharks that made lives a living hell.
Table of Contents
- 1 Anthony Salerno
- 2 Anthony Spilotro
- 3 Fiore “FiFi” Buccieri
- 4 Bobby Baccalieri
- 5 Frank “Frankie Cheech” DeCicco
- 6 Frank “Frankie Breeze” Calabrese Sr.
- 7 Gennaro “Jerry Lang” Langella
- 8 John “Johnny Boy” Kiely
- 9 Sam “Mad Sam” Destefano
- 10 Nicholas Calabrese
- 11 Nick “Nicky Cigars” Marangello
- 12 Nicky “Old Man” Licata
- 13 Rex Cunningham and Brian Hoyle
- 14 Richard Moseley
- 15 Salvatore “Sam” Battaglia
- 16 William “Willie Potatoes” Daddano Sr.
- 17 Vincent Dominic “Jimmy” Caci