Looking for a legit credit repair company? If you have poor credit, you may find it difficult to get a personal loan, credit card, mortgage, or even rent an apartment.
Repairing your credit is the best thing you can do and there’s no better time than now.
The truth is, many credit repair firms are quite shady. According to the FTC, credit repair scams are at an all time high. On top of that, you can do a lot of the work yourself, for free, if you have the time.
Quick Overview on How to Repair Your Credit for Free
- Pull your credit report and see where you stand
- If you discover errors on your credit report, dispute them
- Enforce a monthly budget and stick to it
- Moving forward, be sure to pay all of your bills on time
- Pay down existing debt.
- Do not apply for new loans or credit
- Monitor your credit score and history over time
These simple steps above can save you a lot of money vs. paying a company to do it for you. Honestly, the only thing a company will do is dispute errors on your credit report.
Free Credit Repair Guide: Get started by reading our credit repair guide here >>
If you still want to learn more about how credit repair firms work, and see costs, reviews and comparisons, then keep reading!
Tips on Finding the Best Credit Repair Company
If you still feel as though you need professional help, then there are a few things you should look for when going with a credit repair company. Credit repair companies offer to help you repair/rebuild your credit — for a fee. And because not all companies are created equally, you should do research to find the best company for your needs.
- Review and verify each credit repair company. You can do this by visiting the Better Business Bureau website.
- Search 3rd-party review platforms. Look at Google business reviews, Facebook page reviews, TrustPilot, and more.
- Research the CFPB’s complaint database.
- Check the company website for a legitimate telephone number and address.
Additionally, you’ll want to make sure the company doesn’t offer false promises. Such as:
- Guaranteeing accurate negative credit information from your profile
- Promising to create a completely new credit identity
- Guaranteeing your credit score will improve
- A company that asks for payment before services are rendered.
Reviews and Comparisons
Now that you have a better idea of what to look for, let’s get into the reviews and comparisons.
First, our reviews list several factors:
- Our full review of the company
- Any initial fees you have to pay
- Any subscription costs you have to pay
- Better Business Bureau Rating
- Number of complaints from the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
- Any additional details that may be beneficial
As we mentioned, you can repair your credit for free. But if you don’t have the time to do it yourself, make sure you choose a reliable credit repair firm that has your best interest in mind. This way, you can avoid scams and move on with increasing your credit scores.