Read This Guide on Maxlend Before You Apply for a Loan!
Our Review of Maxlend
Maxlend Loans is a tribal lender that offers bad credit installment loans. Unlike payday loans, an installment loan can be repaid over time.
However, the interest rates are very expensive and range from 471.78% 841.45% APR. The amount you can borrow starts at $300, with a maximum of $2,500 for first time borrowers.
You should only use this lender if you have an emergency expense that needs to be paid quickly…and…you’ve exhausted all other resources.
– Fast and smooth application experience
– Decent option for people with bad credit
– Decent option for emergency expenses that come up
– Maxlend offers a rewards program for existing borrowers
– Very high interest rates ranging from 471.78% to 841.45% APR. The amount you’ll pay depends on your credit worthiness.
– Not a good solution for large financial purchases
– Not good if you have the means to shop around and compare lenders that offer installment loans
This article on Maxlend reviews has been updated.
If you need a fast loan to pay for an emergency expense, you might be considering Maxlend. This guide will go over everything: loan amounts, how much it cost…and…if you can trust them as a lender. Read on!
- Read This Guide on Maxlend Before You Apply for a Loan!
- What is MaxLend and How Does it Work?
- How Much Can I Borrow from Maxlend?
- How Much Will a Maxlend Loan Cost?
- What Are The Maxlend Loan Terms?
- How to Apply for a Maxlend Loan
- The Advantages of Maxlend Loans
- Maxlend Rewards Program
- The Disadvantages of Maxlend Loans
What is MaxLend and How Does it Work?
Maxlend is a tribal lender that offers borrowers a few loan options you might consider. The most popular type of loan is called an ‘installment loan’. An installment loan gives you the flexibility to repay over time — versus a payday loan which must be repaid on your next pay period.
When you go through the application process, Maxlend will determine your loan rate and term depending on how much you need, your location and your credit worthiness. The more of a risk you are, the higher you’ll pay in interest rate fees. This article on Maxlend reviews will help you determine if you are qualified.
If you reside in any of the states below, you cannot apply for an installment loan.
Maxlend does not operate in these states:
- New York
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
Tip: Always verify that a lender is licensed in your state before signing any loan documents. If they are not a licensed lender, they could be a loan shark.
Let’s see how much you can borrow.
How Much Can I Borrow from Maxlend?
With Maxlend, you can borrow from a range of $100 up to $2,500. However, it it’s your first time borrowing, you are limited to a maximum of $1,475. Bad credit lenders take on significant risk when lending to borrowers with bad credit.
This is one of the key reasons most lenders charge such high interest rates. If you’re concerned about the high APR, you might want to compare tribal loan rates here. Most borrowers don’t realize how expensive a tribal installment loan can be, until it’s too late. This is the biggest issue you’ll find, as other Maxlend reviews have suggested.
Minimum Loan Amount: $100
Maximum Loan Amount: $2,500
First time customers are limited to a maximum of $1,475.
How Much Will a Maxlend Loan Cost?
Not gonna sugar coat things here. The interest rate might shock you. Maxlend interest rates start at 471.78% and can be as high as 841.45%. Also, keep this in mind when considering any bad credit lender.
The more you borrow, the longer it might take to pay off. And the longer your repayment term, the more you will pay in interest rates. Let’s break this down with an example. This example is based on a 9 month installment payment term. Most Maxlend reviews note this is the major downside.
Maxlend Loan of $500 and a 471.78% APR
- Amount Financed: $500.00
- Payment Every Two Weeks: $87.09
- Total of 19.50 Payments: $1,698.17
- Total Interest: $1,198.17
- All Payments and Fees: $1,698.17
Maxlend Loan of $500 and a 841.45% APR
- Amount Financed: $500.00
- Payment Every Two Weeks: $140.13 Total of 19.50 Payments $2,732.61
- Total Interest: $2,232.61
- All Payments and Fees: $2,732.61
As you can see, it can be very expensive. Borrowers should only borrow what they need and pay the loan off as quickly as they can. If not, you can dig yourself deep in debt. By the way, if you’re in debt and want to learn how to get out, read this debt relief guide.
What Are The Maxlend Loan Terms?
Maxlend offers borrowers several options for repaying their loans. They offer 3 options: Standard Pay, Payoff Now, and Payment Plus. We go into each payment option below. Installment loans are a double-edged sword.
It’s much better than a payday loan, but if you take the loan to full term, you will pay substantial interest rates. When considering this type of loan, keep in mind two things: only borrow what you need and pay the loan back as soon as you can. This way, you avoid paying more in interest.
TRENDING: Reviews on Bad Credit Lenders
Plain Green Loans is a tribal lender that can offer you a fast cash installment loan even if you have bad credit. Read our full review on Plain Green Loans here
Spotloan is an alternative to payday loans and specializes in short-term installment loans that can be repaid over time. Read our full review on Spotloan here.
Great Plains Lending offers installment loans to consumers with bad credit. Read our review of Great Plains Lending here.
Mobiloans is a tribal lender that offers a line of credit to potential borrowers. Read the full review here.
- Standard Pay – Make your payments on time and Maxlend withdraws the minimum payment due from your bank account each pay cycle
- Payoff Now – If you decide to payoff the loan before the loan term (which we recommend), you’ll need to contact customer service 1 business day before your next scheduled payment
- Payment Plus – If you want to pay more than the minimum amount owed each pay cycle, simply reach out to customer service at least 5 business days before your next scheduled payment. By applying more to your loan, you can payoff faster and potentially save in interest rate fees.
How to Apply for a Maxlend Loan
In order to qualify for a loan, you must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- All borrowers should have a valid checking account
- Consumers must reside in the United States.
- You are not in bankruptcy or plan to file for bankruptcy.
Step 1: Enter Your Personal Details
On this step, you’ll enter your personal information. You’ll enter the following details:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Security #
- Email Address
- Physical Address
Step 2: Enter Your Employment and Income Details
On this step you will enter your employment and income details. You’ll enter the following information:
- Main Source of Income (employed, un-employed, disability, child support, etc)
- Employer Name
- Work Phone #
- How You Receive Your Paycheck (direct deposit or paper check)
- How Often You Get Paid (every 2 weeks, twice monthly, monthly, weekly)
Step 3: Enter Your Banking Details
Step 3 requires you to enter your banking details. Don’t worry; your information is encrypted on Maxlend’s SSL connection. Check public Maxlend reviews to see what others had to say.
- Routing #
- Bank Account #
- How Would You Like to Receive Your Funds (EFT or credit card)
The Advantages of Maxlend Loans
Despite the high interest rates, Maxlend does have a few advantages. The main benefits are that Maxlend works with borrowers that have no credit or bad credit. When traditional lenders squash your chances of a loan approval, Maxlend can save the day.
Your interest rates will depend on how much of a credit risk you pose, how much you borrow and where you reside. Note: their may be other factors that determine your APR as well. That said, here are the main advantages you should know about this lender.
- Maxlend works with borrowers that have bad credit or no credit
- Offers loans from $100 – $2,500
- Can fund your loan within 24 business hours
- Offers a rewards program (see below)
- Can help you build/rebuild your credit
Maxlend Rewards Program
One of the unique items you’ll notice is the rewards program offered. There are four different tiers available and they are as follows:
- Loans up to $1,750
- Up to 270 days to repay
- Rates up to $24.50 per $100
- Loans up to $2,000
- Up to 270 days to repay
- Rates up to $21.50 per $100
- Loans up to $2,250
- Up to 300 days to repay
- Rates up to $18.30 per $100
- Loans up to $2,500
- Up to 300 days to repay
- Rates up to $16.00 per $100
The Disadvantages of Maxlend Loans
Now for the bad news 🙁 While they certainly have their advantages, Maxlend also has a few disadvantages that you should be aware of. But don’t be too alarmed.
This lender has been around for a very long time – and according to the reviews we’ve read, they are not a scam. The disadvantages may or may not apply to you.
The most important thing you should do is carefully read the terms and disclosures on your loan agreement. If you are uncomfortable with anything in the agreement, you should cancel the loan. That said, here are the disadvantages:
- Very high interest rates from 471.78% to 841.45% APR
- New customers are limited to a first time loan maximum of $1,475
- This type of loan can potentially cause debt issues for you
- Not recommended for large financial purchases and needs
Have you used Maxlend before? If so, leave a review below for our readers!