Update: Read This Before You Apply for a Loan
Our Review of Maxlend
Maxlend Loans is a tribal lender that offers bad credit installment loans. Unlike payday loans, an installment loan can be repaid over time. However, the interest rates are very expensive and range from 471.78% 841.45% APR. The amount you can borrow starts at $300, with a maximum of $2,500 for first time borrowers. You should only use this lender if you have an emergency expense that needs to be paid quickly…and…you’ve exhausted all other resources.
– Fast and smooth application experience
– Decent option for people with bad credit
– Decent option for emergency expenses that come up
– Maxlend offers a rewards program for existing borrowers
– Very high interest rates ranging from 471.78% to 841.45% APR. The amount you’ll pay depends on your credit worthiness.
– Not a good solution for large financial purchases
– Not good if you have the means to shop around and compare lenders that offer installment loans
What is MaxLend?
First, welcome to our detailed Maxlend reviews guide. Maxlend is a tribal lender that offers borrowers a few loan options you might consider. The most popular type of loan is called an ‘installment loan’. An installment loan gives you the flexibility to repay over time — versus a payday loan which must be repaid on your next pay period. When you go through the application process, they will determine your loan rate and term depending on how much you need, your location and your credit worthiness. The more of a risk you are, the higher you’ll pay in interest rate fees.
Maxlend does not operate in these states:
- New York
- North Dakota
- West Virginia
Let’s see how much you can borrow.
How Much Can I Borrow?
You can borrow a minimum of $100 up to $2,500. However, it it’s your first time borrowing, you are limited to a maximum of $1,475. Bad credit lenders take on significant risk when lending to borrowers with bad credit. This is one of the key reasons most lenders charge such high interest rates. If you’re concerned about the high APR, you might want to compare tribal loan rates here. Most borrowers don’t realize how expensive a tribal installment loan can be, until it’s too late. This is the biggest issue you’ll find, as other Maxlend reviews have suggested.
- Minimum Loan Amount: $100
- Maximum Loan Amount: $2,500
First time customers are limited to a maximum of $1,475.
How Much Will a Loan Cost?
Not gonna sugar coat things here. The interest rate might shock you. The high interest rates are the #1 issue when you see most Maxlend reviews. Interest rates start at 471.78% and can be as high as 841.45%. Also, keep this in mind when considering any bad credit lender. The more you borrow, the longer it might take to pay off. And the longer your repayment term, the more you will pay in interest rates. Let’s break this down with an example. This example is based on a 9 month installment payment term. Most Maxlend reviews note this is the major downside.
Maxlend Loan of $500 and a 471.78% APR
- Amount Financed: $500.00
- Payment Every Two Weeks: $87.09
- Total of 19.50 Payments: $1,698.17
- Total Interest: $1,198.17
- All Payments and Fees: $1,698.17
Maxlend Loan of $500 and a 841.45% APR
- Amount Financed: $500.00
- Payment Every Two Weeks: $140.13 Total of 19.50 Payments $2,732.61
- Total Interest: $2,232.61
- All Payments and Fees: $2,732.61
As you can see, it can be very expensive. Borrowers should only borrow what they need and pay the loan off as quickly as they can. If not, you can dig yourself deep in debt. By the way, if you’re in debt and want to learn how to get out, read this debt relief guide.
What Are The Loan Terms?
Maxlend offers borrowers several options for repaying their loans. They offer 3 options: Standard Pay, Payoff Now, and Payment Plus. We go into each payment option below. Installment loans are a double-edged sword. It’s much better than a payday loan, but if you take the loan to full term, you will pay substantial interest rates. When considering this type of loan, keep in mind two things: only borrow what you need and pay the loan back as soon as you can. This way, you avoid paying more in interest. That said, most Maxlend reviews you see say that the multiple payment options are what keep them a loyal customer.
- Standard Pay
Make your payments on time and Maxlend withdraws the minimum payment due from your bank account each pay cycle
- Payoff Now
If you decide to payoff the loan before the loan term (which we recommend), you’ll need to contact customer service 1 business day before your next scheduled payment
- Payment Plus
If you want to pay more than the minimum amount owed each pay cycle, simply reach out to customer service at least 5 business days before your next scheduled payment. By applying more to your loan, you can payoff faster and potentially save in interest rate fees.
How to Apply for a Maxlend Loan
In order to qualify for a loan, you must meet the minimum requirements below:
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 18 years old
- All borrowers should have a valid checking account
- Consumers must reside in the United States.
- You are not in bankruptcy or plan to file for bankruptcy.
Enter Your Personal Details. On this step, you’ll enter your personal information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Security #
- Email Address
- Physical Address
Enter Your Employment and Income Details. On this step you will enter your employment and income details:
- Main Source of Income (employed, un-employed, disability, child support, etc)
- Employer Name
- Work Phone #
- How You Receive Your Paycheck (direct deposit or paper check)
- How Often You Get Paid (every 2 weeks, twice monthly, monthly, weekly)
Enter Your Banking Details. Don’t worry; your information is encrypted on an SSL connection. Check public Maxlend reviews to see what others had to say.
- Routing #
- Bank Account #
- How Would You Like to Receive Your Funds (EFT or credit card)
The Advantages of Maxlend Loans
Despite the high interest rates, Maxlend does have a few advantages. The main benefits are they work with borrowers that have no credit or bad credit. When traditional lenders squash your chances of a loan approval, they can save the day. Your interest rates will depend on how much of a credit risk you pose, how much you borrow and where you reside. Note: there may be other factors that determine your APR as well. That said, here are the main advantages you should know about them.
- Works with borrowers that have bad credit or no credit
- Offers loans from $100 – $2,500
- Can fund your loan within 24 business hours
- Offers a rewards program (see below)
- Can help you build/rebuild your credit
One of the unique items you’ll notice is the rewards program offered. There are four different tiers available and they are as follows:
- Loans up to $1,750
- Up to 270 days to repay
- Rates up to $24.50 per $100
- Loans up to $2,000
- Up to 270 days to repay
- Rates up to $21.50 per $100
- Loans up to $2,250
- Up to 300 days to repay
- Rates up to $18.30 per $100
- Loans up to $2,500
- Up to 300 days to repay
- Rates up to $16.00 per $100
The Disadvantages of Maxlend Loans
Now for the bad news 🙁 While they certainly have their advantages, Maxlend also has a few disadvantages that you should be aware of. But don’t be too alarmed. This lender has been around for a very long time – and according to the reviews we’ve read, they are not a scam. The disadvantages may or may not apply to you. The most important thing you should do is carefully read the terms and disclosures on your loan agreement. If you are uncomfortable with anything in the agreement, you should cancel the loan. That said, here are the disadvantages:
- Very high interest rates from 471.78% to 841.45% APR
- New customers are limited to a first time loan maximum of $1,475
- This type of loan can potentially cause debt issues for you
- Not recommended for large financial purchases and needs
Leave a Reply