Skip to a Section
- Update: What Every Borrower Should Know About Blue Trust Loans
- What is Blue Trust Loans and How Does it Work?
- How Much Can I Borrow From Blue Trust Loans?
- How Much Will Blue Trust Loans Cost?
- What Are the Blue Trust Loan Terms?
- How Do I Apply for a Blue Trust Loan?
- The Advantages of Blue Trust Loans
- The Disadvantages of Blue Trust Loans
Update: What Every Borrower Should Know About Blue Trust Loans
Our Review of Blue Trust Loans
Blue Trust Loans offers a very expensive form of installment loans. Being a tribal lender and not having to abide by state or U.S. federal laws, they charge interest rates between 471.78% to 841.45% APR.
For clarity, the average APR of a tribal loan is around 450%. You can borrow as little as $100 or as much as $2,500.
We advise to borrow as little as possible–only to cover an emergency expenses.
– Fast and easy application process
– Easy access to emergency cash
– Funds deposited within 24 business hours
– Decent option if you’ve exhausted all other resources
– Very high interest rates — as high as 841.45% APR
– Not a good option for large financial purchases
– Not a solid solution if you have average credit or better
If you’re strapped for cash and have bad credit, you might be interested in Blue Trust Loans. Are you in a sticky, financial situation and need an emergency loan to cover the bills? A few reasons you might consider a tribal loan are:
- Paying upcoming or late rent
- Unexpected car repair bill
- Unexpected medical expense
- …And more
If this sounds like you, you’ll want to read this full review on Blue Trust Loans. Here’s a few things we will cover:
- How this lender works and the different types of loans available
- How much – or little – you can borrow to pay that unexpected, nasty bill
- The loan rates, terms and any hidden fees that might come up
- Advantages and disadvantages of doing business with Blue Trust Loans
- And much more…
What is Blue Trust Loans and How Does it Work?
Blue Trust Loans is a direct tribal lender that is based in Hayward, Wisconsin. They provide online, tribal loans to consumers in need of quick cash. They operate in 37 states – including Washington, DC. Founded in 2014, the company is under ownership of a Native-American tribe – the Lac Courte Oreilles Band which is part of the Lake Superior Chippewa Indian tribe.
Blue Trust Loans is an alternative to payday loans, as well as cash advance loans. While payday loans use your paycheck as collateral, installment loans do not require any collateral at all. Also, you can pay the loan back over time, versus paying the total amount back on your next pay period.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply online at bluetrustloans.com
- Once you submit your application with the required information and documents, you will be notified immediately how much you qualify for and what your terms will be.
- Blue Trust Loans will deposit your funds into your bank account the same day, or within 24 hours depending on when you applied.
- You will start paying the loan back on your next pay period. You will not have to repay the loan in full. Rather, you will have up to 9 months to repay.
- Simply make your payments on time
How Much Can I Borrow From Blue Trust Loans?
Blue Trust Loans claims they can deposit up to $2,500 into your bank account as soon as today. You can borrow a same day loan from $100 up to $2,500. However, the maximum loan amount you’re eligible for depends on a few factors. See the list below for estimates on how much you can borrow. One thing to consider is the loan amount differs based on new customers vs. returning customers.
- Your risk to the lender
- New Customers – Limited to a maximum of $1,200
- Returning Customers – If you’ve made your payments on time, you can borrow up to $2,500
That said, our advice is to borrow the least amount possible. Interest rates on bad credit installment loans can be very excessive. The excessive interest rates often leave consumers like yourself stuck in a vicious debt cycle.
If you can repay the loan faster than the maximum loan term, our advice is to do it. You will save quite a bit of money by paying it off early.
How Much Will Blue Trust Loans Cost?
According to Blue Trust Loans reviews, the APR is considerably high. On average, the APR for a tribal installment loan is around 440% APR – but in the case of Blue Trust Loans, the average is around 600% APR. The APR is fixed and calculated the moment you apply for a loan. The lowest APR we found is 471.78%, whereas the highest was 841.45%. This includes origination fees.
Want The Best Loan Rates and Terms? Here’s Our Recommended Lenders:
Here’s How Much a Typical Loan Will Cost
Let’s say you borrow $825 at an interest rate of 471% APR (the lowest APR Blue Trust Loans offers.)
- Payment Every Month: $341.56
- Total of 9 Payments: $3,074.00
- Total Interest: $2,249.00
- All Payments and Fees: $3,075.00
Let’s see how much it cost if you only qualify for their maximum interest rate charge of 841% APR.
- Payment Every Month: $583.79
- Total of 9 Payments: $5,254.11
- Total Interest: $4,429.11
- All Payments and Fees: $5,255.11
Based on the numbers above, ask yourself… is it really worth it?
What Are the Blue Trust Loan Terms?
The loan term usually goes up to 9 months, but you can choose how many installment payments you want to make. You pay the entire installment loan off in 9 payments – or you can stretch it out into more than 27 payments. Installment loans give you flexibility to repay the loan on your terms. This is a major benefit to borrowers with limited income and bad credit.
Blue Trust Loans makes the payment schedule clear, and it’s broken down below:
- Customers who make bi-weekly payments will have to finish repaying the loan after 12 payments.
- Customers who make monthly payments will have to finish paying back the loan after 6 payments in total.
- Customers who make weekly payments will have to finish with the loan after 24 payments.
There is also no pre-payment penalty. If you decide to pay the loan off earlier than anticipated, you will not be charged a fee.
How Do I Apply for a Blue Trust Loan?
In order to receive an installment loan, each borrower must be at least 18 – and a citizen of the United States. There’s no mention on a minimum credit score required, which is good news for borrowers with bad credit.
According to Blue Trust Loans, you can borrow even if you have poor credit. Your credit score will only be checked to determine your APR costs. Other than that, Blue Trust Loans only conducts soft credit checks – thus, your credit score should not be affected.
Here’s how to apply:
Step 1: Personal Information
On step 1, you will need to enter your personal information. This includes:
- Loan Amount Requested
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Security #
- Email Address
- Home Phone #
- Cell Phone #
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
Step 2: Employment and Income Details
On step 2, enter your employment and income details. Here’s the information you will need:
- How often you receive a paycheck (weekly, bi-weekly, twice monthly, monthly)
- How you receive your paycheck (paper check, direct deposit)
- If you’ve recently or plan to file for bankruptcy (yes or no)
- Main source of income (disability, social security, employment, pension, unemployment, welfare)
- Employer Name
- Employer Work Phone #
- First Upcoming Pay Date
- Second Upcoming Pay Date
- Net Pay Per Pay Check
Step 3: Bank Account Details
On step 3, Blue Trust Loans needs your bank account information. This allows them to direct deposit your loan funds into your account. It’d also how they will debit your account for future payments (unless you select “credit card” as your payment option). You will need to know your:
- Bank Account #
- ABA Routing #
- How you’d like to make your payments (electronic funds transfer or credit card)
The Advantages of Blue Trust Loans
Blue Trust Loans has a variety of features that make it a convenient loan type, despite the astronomical APR. If you are less of a risk, you will likely pay the minimum 471% APR. While still high, this interest rate is, on average, what you can expect to pay from other tribal lenders. Besides the high APR, you might find that this lender has certain advantages that can benefit you.
Some of their most notable features are the following:
Club Blue Membership
For most bad credit tribal loans, you will be given an APR based on your credit score. With Blue Trust Loans, there are certain perks you receive as a returning customer.
A returning customer that has paid a previous loan in full can not only receive a higher loan limit, but be given lower APR rates. This is because you have shown a degree of trust. And because of that, you can borrow more (up to $2,500) and receive better loan rates.
The application process generally takes less than 10 minutes – and you’ll know within a few minutes if you’re approved or not. The most it can take to know an answer is an hour.
Once your application has been approved, the funds will be deposited into your account the same day, or within 24 hours (depending on the time of your application).
fI you request a loan on a Friday, there is a high chance that you’ll receive your funds on a Monday, the following working day.
No Prepayment Penalties
If you can afford it, Blue Trust Loans allows pre-payments. This is a highly convenient option if you receive your paycheck before the due date and you don’t want to risk squandering money.
While most payday lenders will penalize you if you pay early, Blue Trust Loans does not.
With many installment or tribal loans, you will not know precisely how much you’ll have to pay every period. However, with Blue Trust Loans, you will know exactly how much you have to pay.
Granted, the first and the last payment may have different fees – but the payments in between are consistent, and you will know exactly how much you have to pay off.
No Minimum Credit Score
Even if you have bad credit, this should not prevent you from getting a loan. Granted, they will ask whether you have filed for bankruptcy (or if you are planning to). If this is the case, you may not be eligible for a loan.
That being said, they will conduct a soft credit check. This will allow them to set an interest rate, which is necessary for your APR.
The Disadvantages of Blue Trust Loans
While they have advantages, you should also be aware of their disadvantages. Depending on your financial situation, you might decide this lender’s disadvantages outweigh the advantages. One of the most important things you should do, in our opinion, is carefully read the section below. And also read the full disclosures and terms of service when submitting your application.
Very High APR
Most short term loans have high APR – but compared to other installment or tribal loans, the maximum APR set by Blue Trust Loans is even higher. When lenders charge exorbitant interest rates, they are often considered online loan sharks.
Limited First-Time Loan Request
As a first-time borrower, you’re limited to borrowing no more than $1,200. This number will gradually increase – but you must borrow several times and clearly show that you are capable of paying your loans off.
Lack of Transparency
Blue Trust Loans offers information on fees and interest rate on their website – but they are not completely clear about the financial responsibilities of the borrower. According to several Blue Trust Loans reviews, customers believe they have been scammed into accepting a very expensive loan.
This is why it is very important to read the disclosures and terms of service.
Have you used Blue Trust Loans in the past? If so, leave us a comment below and let us know your experience! Your review will help other consumers make the right financial decision.